Recently I was happy to launch my new website for The School Of Conscious Living and noticed that one of the first courses I was preparing was a six week program for “Creative Entrepreneurs”. Now some people have been asking me what I mean by this term and asking whether they are creative entrepreneurs. In my experience many of us who may fit under this category don’t actually like the term or more accurately -don’t know what it means.
Usually, when we think of entrepreneurs we think of Richard Branson and those who have been successful financially by being entrepreneurial.
My understanding and definition of a creative entrepreneur is someone who really wants to utilise their creativity and talents to earn a living . I am looking for people who are seeking to embrace new and timely values, which are not only about being financially successful but are importantly seeking to align themselves more and with their creativity and passions and to finding their true purpose.
They are people who are waking up to the idea that we can now choose to do things differently if we like.
So much has changed over the past year and whilst many people have lived in fear and have had really hard experiences because of the pandemic, others are seeking to make changes in their lives. My passion is to support people who want to make the kind of changes in their lives that are more aligned to who they really are, at heart. Who want to find out what really feels aligned to their true values and makes their heart sing
I believe, all the change that has happened and is still ongoing is inviting us to become more fully ourselves, to clear what might be holding us back and to step forward towards a more empowered and creative way to live. Repeatedly we are noticing that our elected leaders are not doing a great job and whilst we may point fingers and get angry let’s also look to how we can lead ourselves.
These are some of the aspects I see that go to make up a creative entrepreneur:
1) Ability to think outside the box -there are so many perspectives and we each have a unique one -if we allow it !!
2) Recognise the importance of doing what you are good at and brings you joy!
3) Value job satisfaction, what makes you feel good about yourself.
4) Know that feeling valued does not come only from the ”pay check” -it can help but there are lots of ways to feel rewarded and valued!
5) You are committed to yourself and your ideas and passions and KNOW that there is so much more that you can be engaged in!
6) See the rules as guidelines only and that its time to make our OWN (within reason of course -but a helpful rule of thumb!)
7) Seek to bring discipline to their lives and take responsiblity for their health and wellbeing.
8) Know that if they follow their hearts desire they will be very wealthy Indeed!
If you’d like to hear more about the work I do with my mentoring please do get in touch. I do work individually and in groups and really if you have an idea that I might be able to help you bring to fruition I’d love to help you figure it out a little more and how you might get the support you need. You don’t need to know precisiely what your creative idea looks like, I can help you unravel that, what is holding you back and how you might align with more closely in your life with who you really are!
“Its only when we have people pursuing their dreams, living their truth and feeling good, then we are able to shift society forward” Source unknown
Monica Haughey Feb 2022.