Monica is an experienced and established psychotherapist, supervisor and trainer who works with individuals and groups. Her passion is to support people, either individually or in a team, to identify their issues or blocks and assist them in navigating their own unique path in an empowered and creative way.
Monica’s background has been in the caring professions as a social worker both in voluntary and in statutory settings in the field of mental health. Her subsequent training in psychotherapy developed her skills in listening and communication and how to support people through issues in a real and meaningful way.
She has been in practice for over twenty years and maintains her own private psychotherapy practice and provides coaching and short term counselling to employees in a variety of settings. She provides training in the workplace in a variety of areas such as stress management, coping with change, critical incident debriefing and building resilience. More recently she has been specialising in supporting people in making changes in their lives and how to take their “courageous next step”. She also regularly runs support groups for female entrepreneurs who are seeking support and help with issues they may be having.
Her training inputs are characterized by the wealth of experience she draws from and the flexibility to steer her inputs to the particular needs of the client. She is known for her clarity of thinking and ability to get to the essence of an issue whilst maintaining a warm supportive relationship.
She loves to bring humour and creativity to her work and believes that we are more likely to learn and change in a relaxed and supportive environment.
She is a former tutor in Turning Point Training Institute for psychotherapists and Senior Training Consultant with Inspire wellbeing. She is a graduate of the Common Purpose Leadership Programme and since graduating three years ago, has been invited to serve as a Learning Group facilitator for participants in senior leadership positions to maximize their learning around their leadership challenges in their workplaces. Currently she is Clinical Group Supervisor for Masters level psychotherapy students in Dublin Business School.
As an experienced trainer and group worker, she is known for her ability to engage participants and both support and challenge participants in a way that inspires and motivates them.
Monica has a wealth of relevant training experience that she brings to her courses, including:
• Resilience Training -Identifying stress factors, managing stress and how to build resilience.
• Coping with change – Supporting staff to address issues and fears around change and to find ways to make it a more positive experience.
• Mental ill-health & wellness – This seminar covers different aspects of mental ill-health and describes how mental health is a continuum and relevant to all our lives.
• Infinite Possibilities – How to vision the life you really want and begin to move in the directions of fulfilling your dreams.
Monica is an accredited psychotherapist fully registered in Ireland. In addition, she is also
• Accredited Psychotherapist with the Irish Association of Humanistic and Integrative Psychotherapy (IAHIP) & Irish council of Psychotherapy (ICP), European Association of Psychotherapy (EAP)
• Accredited Supervisor with the Irish Association of Humanistic and Integrative Psychotherapy & Irish council of Psychotherapy (ICP)